Header Ads

Anthony Joshua: Boxer assures fans of entertaining fight against Takam

Anthony Joshua and Carlos Takam

Anthony Joshua has told fans to expect ‘fireworks’ during his fight against Takam on Saturday.

British boxer of Nigerian descent Anthony Joshua has assured fans that his fight against Carlos Takam will be entertaining.

Joshua will be facing Takam at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff to defend his WBA, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles.

Ahead of the fight, the 28-year-old has told fans to expect ‘fireworks’ during his fight against Takam who he believes will make a very entertaining opponent.

 

At the press conference ahead of the fight, Joshua is very confident that fans will get their money’s worth.

It's probably a more enticing fight (than it would have been against Pulev),"  Joshua told Sky Sports' press conference.

I spar my cousin Benga and he's just like Takam's build. I think our styles will create some real good fireworks.

“Cardiff is looking really good and it's good to be fighting here again.

 

“[Fighting] is all I do, it's all I know and it's an honour to be defending these belts. I'm just looking forward to getting back to business.

“The fans are always going to be the winners in this division now because hungry guys are coming.

“I always say, the belt isn't always representation of me... the belts get taken out of the ring after, I can't fight with them on my shoulder. I've got a challenge in my mind, I keep my feet on the ground. I'm still hungry.”

 

At the press conference, Takam revealed that he approached Joshua to challenge him to a fight after the Brit’s bout against Dominic Breazeale back in June 2016.

Takam who is Cameroon-born holds a 35-3-1 win-loss-draw record from his 39 fights across his professional career.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.