Header Ads

Serena Williams: Venus knocks sister out of Indian Wells

Serena and Venus Williams

Venus Williams claimed her first victory over Serena since 2014.

Serena Williams was knocked out of the Indian Wells by her elder sister Venus on Monday, March 12.

Venus who has been in good form in 2018 defeated her sister in straight sets 6-3, 6-4 to knock her sister out.

Serena who recently made a return to action after the birth of her baby, struggled to cope with serve of her sister as she continues to try to get back to her best.

The two tennis superstars who have played with and against each other over the course of their long careers, showed no signs of family connection on the court as they both fought to earn points.

Speaking after the match Venus admitted that she was fortunate to beat her multiple grand slam winning sister as she is just making her recovery.

“I just feel it’s never over until it’s over, and she just came right back, You know, I’m just lucky I played more matches than her right now.” Venus said

The recovering Serena who disappointed with the result despite just gradually making a return to the court.

“I haven’t played in over a year; it’s definitely not less disappointing, I wish it were, but then again, I wish it wasn’t. Then I wouldn’t be who I am. So I just have a long way to go, and I’m looking forward the journey.” Serena said

The meeting was the 29th between Serena and Venus and despite the defeat Serena still leads 17 -12.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.