Header Ads

Toyin Abraham features Sanyeri, Broda Shaggi in ‘Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner’

Toyin Abraham has featured Sanyeri and Broda Shaggi in her upcoming comedy film, ‘Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner’

Nollywood actress and producer, Toyin Abraham has featured two comic acts, Sanyeri and Broda Shaggi in her upcoming film, ‘Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner.’

The comic actors were spotted on the set of the film, which began shooting on Monday, December 16, 2019.

ALSO READ: Toyin Abraham announces a sequel to ‘Alakada reloaded’

Also spotted on the location are Sydney Talker, Alex Ekubo, and Nkechi Blessing Sunday.

Sanyeri and Broda Shaggi on the set of 'Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner'. [Instagram/Fateof Alakada]
Sanyeri and Broda Shaggi on the set of 'Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner'. [Instagram/Fateof Alakada]

Written by Moshood Yakub Olawale and Ozioma Ogbaji, ‘Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner’ is being directed by Kayode Kasum, who also directed Jade Osiberu’s ‘Sugar Rush’.

The film is scheduled for release on April 10, 2020, in cinemas across Nigeria.

Nkechi Blessing Sunday, Sanyeri and Toyin Abraham on the set of 'Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner.' [Instagram/Fateof Alakada]
Nkechi Blessing Sunday, Sanyeri and Toyin Abraham on the set of 'Fate of Alakada: The Party Planner.' [Instagram/Fateof Alakada]

On Thursday, November 28, 2019, Abraham announced the plans to film a sequel to her hit comedy film, 'Alakada'.

Alakada follows the story of Yetunde, a young girl from a poor family, who as a result of her inferiority complex, engages in the act of making up stories about her financial and social status to fit in with the crowd.

From @kayodekasum @kayodekasum Before I learned about other filmmakers from across the globe like Vittirio De Sica, Woody Allen and Edgar Wright who have inspired me and influenced my work. My journey into filmmaking started from watching Yoruba films at home with my mum and grandma. The smile those films put on their faces inspired me to go into filmmaking. Through this journey of honing my skills and learning my craft, I have opened myself to taking on challenges; so when @toyin_abraham contacted me to direct Alakada: The Party Planner, I saw it as a privilege to take on a new challenge. It made me nervous at first because this meant I had to make a better story with a character that the audience is familiar with but I am confident and excited about the outcome because the scriptwriters, @yaboobss and @OziomaOgbaji have done a great job! I believe that the best gift you can ever give anybody is telling stories because stories stay with us forever. Going forward, I hope that I am given the opportunity to take on new challenges which will enable me to do more in reshaping mindsets towards accepting our films. And to @toyin_abraham , a pioneer in taking Indigenous films to the cinemas, I am very grateful for this opportunity. Thank you for entrusting me with this project. I hope that this project comes out awesome and thereafter we do even greater work together in the future. I am working with my friend on this one as DOP @cinemmaofficial I am very excited, guys! Alakada: The Party Planner will be in cinemas from April 10th, 2020. #toyintitans #toyinabraham #fateofalakada cc @fateofalakada @kayodekasum @filmoneng @kolawoleajeyemi

The three previous franchise featured Toyin Abraham, Odunlade Adekola, Arole, Helen Paul, Ali Baba, Annie Idibia, Kehinde Bankole, Lilian Esoro, Bidemi Kosoko, Liz Da Silva, Lala Akindoju, Mr. Latin, Iyabo Ojo, and Gabriel Afolayan amidst others.

The first installment was released in 2009, the second in 2013, the third in 2017.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.