Header Ads

Veteran singer Onyeka Onwenu says she got married to a Yoruba Muslim in 1984

The music icon shares details about her private life in her forthcoming memoir 'My Father's Daughter.'

Nigerian music icon, Onyeka Onwenu has for the first time opened up about her private relationship.

The music star who has deliberately kept her relationship away from the prying eyes of the public has opened up for the time in her new memoir titled ‘My Father’s Daughter’.

According to Olodonation, she revealed that she got married in 1984 to a Yoruba Muslim and the union produced two sons named Tijani and Ibrahim in the book which happens to be her autobiography.

Onyeka Onwenu reveals that she was married to a Yoruba Muslim in 1984 in her book [Instagram/OnyekaOnwenu]
Onyeka Onwenu reveals that she was married to a Yoruba Muslim in 1984 in her book [Instagram/OnyekaOnwenu]

"In this book, I am, perhaps for the very first time, setting the records straight with respect to my connubial relationship. Yes, I was married. I married a man I fell in love with in 1984,” she said.

"We have two children: Tijani and Ibrahim. (Ibrahim later changed the first letter of his name from I to A, and thus became Abraham.) My husband is Yoruba, and was a Muslim when we met.''

Onyeka Onwenu's book is set to be released on October 1, 2020 [Instagram/OnyekaOnwenu]
Onyeka Onwenu's book is set to be released on October 1, 2020 [Instagram/OnyekaOnwenu]

According to the publishers of the book, Expand Press Limited, ‘My Father’s Daughter’ is a book that deals with Onwenu’s personal life.

The book is set to be released on October 1st which coincides with Nigeria's 60th independence anniversary.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.