Header Ads

I’m not in competition with Rema - Rave of the moment, Jhaysings

2019 has been a breakout years to so many young artistes in the music industry, while we thought we've seen it all, another star has emerged as the New Kid On The Block leading to various argument about who's the best. Jhaysings is definitely the rave of the moment, with his smash hit single ‘Loke Loke’ gradually becoming an anthem on the streets.

He speaks on the journey so far, the conceived competition with Rema among other things. 

1. Tell us about yourself and your background?

My name is Sadiq Adebowale Oluwaseun, i’m a singer, a guitarist, music producer and song writer. I am a graduate of the Lagos State University where i studied English.

2. How did you come about the name Jhaysings?

I share this same name with my dad (Sadiq Adebowale) so he calls me Junior and most time Jhayjhay...and my friends call me Singer...so I combined Jhay jhay and Singer together that’s how I came about the name JHAYSINGS.

3. So far, how would you describe your music journey?

The journey has been fantastic, I'm really grateful to God for how far i have come, it's been God.

4. What are the major challenges you've had to face in your music journey?

 Initially, it was difficult to get my songs out there, which was majorly due to funding but then i got a record deal and now I'm able to put my songs out there.

I’m not in competition with Rema - Rave of the moment, Jhaysings
I’m not in competition with Rema - Rave of the moment, Jhaysings

5. How many songs do you have to your name? Tell us about some of them

Officially, i have two singles; ‘No More Games’ and ‘Loke Loke’ which i featured Victor AD. Loke Loke is my most recent single and it has been doing really great; Big shout out to everyone that has been repping.

6. As an artiste, what gives you music inspiration?

My music is inspired by life; my life, the life of people around me, my environment, so many things.

7. What is your own definition of good music?

Jhaysings music that’s the full definition of good music.

8. Your song "Loke Loke" with Victor AD, what inspires the song?

It was more like a prophetic declaration for me, believing I'm destined for the top. Back then, i didn't have a benz but i do now. so its more like a prophet song. 

9. There has been comparison between You and Rema, How do you feel about this?

Let me state this very clear, I'm not in competition with Rema or anyone else for that matter. everyone is doing great and its good for the industry. 

10. What makes Jhaysings unique from every other artiste in the music industry?

Everything about Jhaysing is different from every other artiste, my sound, my content, etc. I'm just different in my own way.

11. Is Jhaysings signed to any record label?

Yea, I’m currently signed to Hillbank Music.

12. As a young artiste, who are the people you look up to in the music industry?

I look up to the greats, those who have been holding it down for AfroBeat; 2baba, Davido, Wizkid, Burna Boy etc.

I’m not in competition with Rema - Rave of the moment, Jhaysings
I’m not in competition with Rema - Rave of the moment, Jhaysings

13. What should fans be expecting from you next?

Expect more fire, Loke Loke video is out, many more to drop, and probably an EP next year.

14. Shoutout to your fans

I want to big to my fans and supporters, thanks for accepting me and my sound, thanks for your support. i deeply appreciate.

This is a featured post.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.