Header Ads

Emmanuel Adebayor: Former Arsenal star calls Arsene Wenger 'fake'

Arsene Wenger and Emmanuel Adebayor

Emmanuel Adebayor reveals his admiration for Jose Mourinho while branding Arsene Wenger 'fake'

Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has branded Arsene Wenger 'fake' blasting the manager for chasing him out of the club.

Adebayor revealed in an interview that he wanted to stay at Arsenal.

“I was like 'I'm going to stay.' He was like 'no there is not even a fight organised. We are not going to organise any fight for you. You move out or you stay here and don't play any games,"  he told Turkish television show Beyond The Game.

 

The former Arsenal goal poacher expressed his displeasure at Wenger accusing him of leaving because he wanted more money after his move to Manchester City.

"And the next day when I joined Manchester City I saw him doing a press conference in London saying that I wanted to leave because the money was big and everything and since that day that is where the hate for Arsenal came from," the Istanbul Basaksehir striker said.

Adebayor stated that it was after the accusation from Wenger that he developed hatred for the club and the manager.

The 33 year old after completing his move to Manchester City scored against Arsenal and celebrated by running over to the Arsenal supporters.

"I play for the club for three and a half years. They bought me for three or four million they sold me for 27 million they still calling me names. They are still telling me I leave for money?, he said explaining his infamous celebratuion.

“You can insult me no problem, but telling me my father washes elephants?."

Admiration for Mourinho

The striker who now plays in Turkey however, revealed that he forever admires Jose Mourinho who he played for at Real Madrid.

 

He said  “Mourinho is the one of the managers I loved and will always love. “He is one of the [most] honest managers I have met in my career, which is crazy because most of the managers are all kind of like fake."

Adebayor made 104 appearances for the Gunners and scored 46 goals, he also represented Metz, Monaco, Tottenham, Manchester City and Crystal Palace.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.