Header Ads

I spoke my mind to Obaseki – Ex-Commissioner

A former Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Barrister  Ken Ihensekhien, has said that he boldly spoke his mind to Governor Godwin Obaseki for the interest of the All Progressive Congress in Edo Central Senatorial district.

Ihensekhien said his words should not be misinterpreted to mean that dislike the governor or responsible for the attack on Governor Obaseki after a meeting at Irrua, headquarters of Esan Central local government.

In a press statement made available to journalist, Ihensekhien said those linking him to the attack on Obaseki were misguided.

The former commissioner stated that some of the APC leaders present at the meeting were not courageous enough to speak their minds even though they habour serious misgivings in their minds about the APC administration in the state.

He urged APC leaders in Edo Central not pretend about the fact that they need to do more to be able to defeat their opponents in the area during the forthcoming general elections.

According to him, “To put the record straight, I was present at the meeting with His Excellency, Governor Obaseki at Irrua and those present will attest to the fact that I spoke my mind boldly and sincerely.

Read Also: APC leaders condemn attack on Obaseki

“Some APC leaders instead of burying their heads in shame for behaving as cowards, but have decided to turn around to vilify and blackmail me for speaking my mind.

“Therefore, I wish to state unequivocally that I never at any given time asked or sponsored the person or persons to molest the governor, an action I am totally against.

“But if some disgruntled leaders of APC have genuine reason to believe that I have hands or that I played any role on the attack on the state governor, they should come up with their facts and evidences or otherwise keep quiet and repent from blackmailing innocent politicians, especially my humble self.”

The post I spoke my mind to Obaseki – Ex-Commissioner appeared first on The Nation Nigeria.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.