Header Ads

Yul Edochie: I have no plan to fill Pete Edochie's shoes in Nollywood - actor

It is not my plan to fill my father’s shoes - Yul Edochie

Continuing, the actor cum politician stressed that he's under no pressure to surpass his father's achievements.

Pete Edochie's son, Yul Edochie is not out to fill his father's shoes in the Nigerian movie industry.

Yul, one of the sons of the veteran actor made this known in a chat with Punch.

Yul said, “It is not my plan to fill my father’s shoes; I have just set out to play my part in the society."

Continuing, the actor cum politician stressed that he's under no pressure to surpass his father's achievements.

 

"I am not under any pressure to surpass my father’s achievements in the movie industry. I am just here, being myself. I have always loved acting and mimicking people. At a very early age, it was obvious that I was also going to become an actor. I was named after an actor called Yul Brynner. However, I am not under any pressure to surpass my father,” he said.

ALSO READ: 5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT YUL EDOCHIE

Yul Edochie launches film Academy

Yul Edochie presented his own film Academy, Yul Edochie Academy, to the world in 2016.

The actor has launched his Academy which is a subsidiary of Yul Edochie Arts World. Founded in 2015, by the filmmaker Yul, the academy is a training ground for actors and actresses.

The filmmaker's dream is to build an army of well grounded, focused and professional actors and actresses, whom he can mentor and steer to greatness.

This dream was nurtured as a result of the decline in quality and professionalism of upcoming Nigerian actors and actresses.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.