Header Ads

Ogun SDP unveils Paseda as its guber candidate

…Says Amosun’ll be shamed with defeat in 2019

 

The Social Democratic party (SDP) in Ogun state on Wednesday unveiled two time governorship candidate in the state, Prince Rotimi Paseda, as its candidate for the 2019 gubernatorial election.

Paseda who contested for the SDP ticket with two other aspirants, including former Commissioner for Information in Ogun State, Mr. Sina Kawonise, emerged the party flag bearer after polling a total of 11,467 votes in the direct primary conducted by the party.

The two other aspirants – Sina Kawonise and Opeyemi Agbaje, polled 2,014 and 6,070 votes respectively.

Announcing Paseda as the governorship candidate before reporters at the party Secretariat in Abeokuta, the state capital, the state chairman of SDP, Femi Majekodunmi, expressed the confidence that the party and its candidate would win the 2019 governorship poll.

Majekodunmi also expressed the optimism that the party’s candidate for Ogun Central Senatorial seat would defeat Governor Ibikunle Amosun who is equally jostling to return to the Senate the second time.

He described the Governor as a coward who is afraid of direct form of primaries in his party, predicting that the Governor “will be shamed with defeat in 2019.”

“Our candidates remain authentic and they are substantive and they emerged candidate because they are worthy of offices they seek to occupy.
The governor is just like any other person, he is being the one that chose himself and where he wants to be and as well chose his royal sons.

“Isn’t he the one that is afraid? Why didn’t he go to town to slug it out with other aspirants.? Well I know that he will be shamed yes, I know that it will happen.” he added

Read Also: Ondo approves N1.5bn for cancer treatment centre

However, in his acceptance speech, Prince Paseda who was represented by his media aide, Mr. Michael Ogunsiji, pledged to run an equitable, good and an all inclusive government if given the mandate.

“With the confidence you have reposed on me with this mandate, I will not take you for granted, I will not take this mandate and this confidence for granted, I will cherish it for the rest of my life, but more importantly, like I have always said, I will remain committed, I will keep an inclusive government.

” I will be responsible, integrity will not run far from me and I will not do things that in any form would make you to begin to doubt my capacity or capability.

“Let me at this juncture, further reinstate my commitment, as parts of my mission to provide free and quality education, healthcare system, gainful employment opportunities for our youths and urban/rural renewal and agricultural scheme,” Paseda said.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.