Header Ads

Nigerian midfielder Ogenyi Onazi eyes a return to the Super Eagles

Onazi has not been with the Super Eagles since October 2018.

Nigerian midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has revealed that he is eyeing a return to the Super Eagles after almost two years of absence.

Onazi who plays in Turkey with Denizlispor has not played with the Super Eagles since October 2018 due to a long-term injury.

Now back from that long-term injury-although he is currently out with a minor injury- the 27-year-old is focused on playing regularly for his club and then coming back to the Super Eagles.

Ogenyi Onazi (Twitter/https://twitter.com/Denizlispor)
Ogenyi Onazi (Twitter/https://twitter.com/Denizlispor)

“I was injured that’s why I wasn’t in the national team, I speak with the coach sometimes, and I also congratulated him on his new deal,” he told Brila FM.

But you can’t be speaking to the coach all the time, because my job is to play and when I’m doing that pretty well, I’m sure I will be back in the team again.

Onazi who made his Super Eagles debut in a 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers in 2012 and was part of the team that won the title in South Africa.

He became a very important player for the national team for the years that followed. He has 52 appearances for Nigeria.

No comments

Naijaphaze. Powered by Blogger.